Community Eyecare Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
To keep up to date on future updates about the Coronavirus check out our News & Events page
All of our hospitals are open as usual
Community Eyecare would like to reassure you that all of our facilities are operating as normal and that we are continuing to accept patient referrals as usual.
All of our sites have taken extra precautions to support the safety of both our staff and patients. Alcohol hand sanitisers are in place for staff and patients at all of our own sites and we are in communication with GP practices for any updates.
We will continue following the guidance provided by the Government and Public Health England to minimise the spread of infection and offer a safe environment for all.
We must stress that if patients are to attend, and on arrival are displaying symptoms, politely ask them to leave immediately, go straight home and refer to NHS 111 Online via 111 NHS
Patients Over 70
We are invested in protecting all our Mothers, Fathers and Grandparents over the age of 70.
We are currently advising all patients over 70 to self-isolate for 3 months, although will offer them the choice to rearrange or cancel their appointments.
We are also regularly contacting our patients to check on their welfare.
Community Eyecare are 100% invested in protecting and supporting the needs of our staff. We are:
- Encouraging staff to use hand sanitisers upon entry and exit of sites
- Supplying all sites with protective covers for Slit lamps
- Adhering to NHS Guidelines as outlined above
- Communicating to all our staff daily with Coronavirus updates
We are screening all patients via the Referral and Bookings Management Centre when:
- Booking Appointments
- Cancelling or Rearranging Appointments
- Making courtesy calls to Patients
- Arriving at Sites
- When any contact is made along the patient pathway
On arrival to our sites, we are also:
- Asking Patients to use hand sanitisers, before and after their appointment
- Taking Patient temperatures. If Patient temperatures are greater than 38.7 degrees, we will ask them to go home and self-isolate immediately, following NHS 111 advice
- To minimise the number of people in our clinics all patients are being asked to leave any accompanying family members and carers outside and to attend their appointment alone.
- Patients are say at least 2 metres apart in waiting rooms.
How to protect yourself and others from the Corona virus
For more information regarding the Coronavirus and how it affects you, please follow the links below or check our News & Events page page for future updates regarding COVID-19.